Since the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak, OTT Financial Group has made every effort to collect personal protective equipment through various channels, to donate to Canadian and Chinese front-line healthcare workers in hospitals, community centres and relief organizations.
As a Chinese-Canadian company deeply rooted in the Toronto business community, OTT has been proactive in fulfilling its corporate social responsibility, reaching out to manufacturers, clients and partners to donate more than 180,000 items, including medical masks, N95 masks and protective clothing for Ontario doctors, nurses and other front-line healthcare workers.
From the end of March to April , OTT Financial Group answered the call-to-action from the Municipal Government of Toronto and donated the following:
● 10,000 medical masks, 960 N95 masks, 10 sets of protective clothing to Scarborough Hospital.
● 6,000 medical masks to North York General Hospital.
● 10,000 medical masks to Scarborough Health Network Birchmount-Hospital.
● 6,000 medical masks to Sunnybrook Hospital.
● 9,000 medical masks and 960 N95 masks to Better Living Health and Community Services.
● 4,000 medical masks and 960 N95 masks to Humber River Hospital.
OTT also donated more than 30,000 masks to its employees and customers, in addition to sending 90,000 medical masks to China, in Hubei, Guangdong, Jiangsu and Xinjiang, and donating CAN$20,000 to Chinese health and relief organizations.
Toronto’s First Deputy Mayor Denzil Minnan-Wong, Deputy Mayor Michael Thompson and City Councillor Cynthia Lai recognized OTT’s timely contribution, and front-line healthcare workers sent pictures and thank you notes.
As a company, OTT Financial Group believes in embracing change, working collaboratively, finding solutions and acting with integrity. We rely on these values when fulfilling our corporate social responsibility, and we believe it is our duty to offer our help and support to keep everyone safe during these challenging times.